There are nine car rental companies in Madrid Barajas Airport and the car rental offices are located in terminal T4. The airport is just 12 Km north-east of Madrid center, so rent a car is a great option for visitors who want to explore Madrid and surroundings.
Car rental companies as Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz-Firefly, Enterprise-Rent-A-Car, Goldcar-InterRent, and Sixt offer their services in terminal T4, floor -1. Hertz-Firefly has another office on the 4th floor of module C of the parking building. The car rental companies located in terminal 1 and 2 remain closed.
Book now, avoid queues and secure a cheap car rental at the airport with ✔ Premium services with no credit card charges.
To meet the needs created by the COVID-19 health crisis and the decline in demand, car rental offices may vary their opening hours and location in the terminal. Check the delivery point of the vehicle and the terminal at the time of booking.
The companies have a wide range of cheap cars and extras of all kinds (GPS, Wi-Fi, baby car seats, ski rack, etc.), which will allow you to move around the city comfortably. Later, you can return the vehicle at the airport or at other offices: Madrid, Madrid Chamartin AVE Train Station, Madrid Atocha Train Station, etc.
Car rental terms & conditions
Car rental terms in Spain depend on the type of vehicle you wish to rent. The minimum requirements of the majority of car rental companies are listed below.
- The driver should be in possession of a driving license with a minimum standing of 1 year. The driving licence must be valid and without any severe penalties, which may legally prohibit the conduction of a vehicle. In case that you do not dispose of a Spanish driving licence, you can also present a valid international driving licence from another country, as long as it is recognised by Spanish law.
- The driving licence must comply with the specifications, required for the rental of a car or lorry.
- You will also be asked to identify yourself, presenting an ID or a passport and a valid method of payment.
- Most countries charge an extra tax for drivers younger than 25 years. If you wish to rent a car in Spain, Península and Balearics, such as in Menorca, Ibiza and Mallorca -try to hire a car at Palma Airport- and the driver is under age (25), an extra charge within 8 and 25 Euro (VAT included) per rental day will be added. In the Canary Islands could be a bit pricey.
- For the rental of specific car types the driver must be older than 25 years.