There are nine car rental companies in Madrid Barajas Airport. All car rental offices are located at the arrivals area of terminals T1 and T4. The car rental companies located in terminal 2 remain closed.
Car rental companies as Sixt, Europcar, Avis, Budget, Hertz, Enterprise-Rent-A-Car, Firefly, Goldcar/InterRent offer their services at their offices at the T1 terminal Arrivals hall, in front of the baggage claim hall 2 area, and at terminal T4, floor -1.
Book now, avoid queues and secure a cheap car rental at the airport with ✔ Premium services.
To meet the needs created by the COVID-19 health crisis and the decline in demand, car rental offices may vary their opening hours and location in the terminal. Check the delivery point of the vehicle and the terminal at the time of booking.
Car hire company Hertz
The companies have a wide range of cheap cars and extras of all kinds (GPS, Wi-Fi, baby car seats, ski rack, etc.), which will allow you to move around the city comfortably. Later, you can return the vehicle at the airport or at other offices: Madrid, Madrid Chamartin AVE Train Station, Madrid Atocha Train Station, etc.
Car rental terms & conditions
Car rental terms in Spain depend on the type of vehicle, you wish to rent. The minimum requirements of the majority of car rental companies are listed below.
- The driver should be in possession of a driving license with a minimum standing of 1 year. The driving licence must be valid and without any severe penalties, which may legally prohibit the conduction of a vehicle. In case that you do not dispose of a Spanish driving licence, you can also present a valid international driving licence from another country, as long as it is recognised by Spanish law.
- The driving licence must comply with the specifications, required for the rental of a car or lorry.
- You will also be asked to identify yourself, presenting an ID or a passport and a valid method of payment.
- Most countries charge an extra tax for drivers younger than 25 years. If you wish to rent a car in Spain, Península and Balearics, such as in Menorca, Ibiza and Mallorca -try to hire a car at Palma Airport- and the driver is under age (25), an extra charge within 8 and 25 Euro (VAT included) per rental day will be added. In the Canary Islands could be a bit pricey.
- For the rental of specific car types the driver must be older than 25 years.
Insurances and Coverage
Usually, the rental fee includes the basic coverages: for damage to third-parties, damage to the insured vehicle or theft of the vehicle. Please get more information, if you wish to upgrade the basic insurance coverage when you rent your car.
If the car is insured through a franchise agreement, this implies that, in case of any damage, the contracting party has to cover the expenses up to the franchise amount, while the company has to pay everything beyond this sum. In case that you wish to avoid this franchise, you will be asked to pay an extra amount for each rental day.