The Spanish railway company RENFE, connects Madrid with the Madrid Barajas airport through the local train network service "Cercanías" C1 line.
The train station is on the terminal T4 floor -1, and is called Aeropuerto T4. To move to the other terminals there is a shuttle bus service connecting the terminals.
Estimated travel time
From each train station to the Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport:
- Príncipe Pío - Aeropuerto T4: 38 minuts.
- Estación de Chamartín - Aeropuerto T4: 11 minuts.
- Estación de Nuevos Ministerios - Aeropuerto T4: 18 minuts.
- Estación de Atocha - Aeropuerto T4: 25 minuts.
- Puerta del Sol - Aeropuerto T4: 22 minuts.
- Méndez Álvaro: 29 minuts.
Single ticket tariff is 2,60 €, valid for one journey in the two hours after it is issued. For passengrers with AVE tickets (high-speed train) connecting with a flight, this service is free. Return ticket tariff is 5,20€, and outbound journey must be made in the two hours after the ticket is issued, but return must be made any time until the next day. The transport passes are also valid.
- The first train with destination to T4 Airport leaves at 6.02 hours from Príncipe Pío (Madrid), and the last leaves at 02.33 hours
- The first train to Madrid (Principe Pío) leaves at 5.58 hours, and the last at 22.27 hours.
As long as the works on metro line 8 continue, the frequency of trains will be 15-20 minutes.