There are six car rental companies in Madrid Barajas airport. All car rental offices are located at the arrivals area of terminals T1 and T4.
the car rental companies, located at the arrivals area of the T2 terminal, remain closed. Car rental companies as Avis, Sixt, Europcar, Enterprise and Hertz offer their services at their offices at the T1 terminal Arrivals hall, in front of the baggage claim hall 2 area, and at terminal T4, floor -1.
Europcar car hire promotions
Enterprise car hire offices in Madrid Barajas Airport
Terminal T1 Floor 0.
Terminal T4 Floor -1.
Car rental best deals in Madrid Barajas Airport
Exclusive offer for Madrid Airport website users at:15% discount. No one has these prices!.
Car rental terms & conditions
Car rental terms in Spain depend on the type of vehicle, you wish to rent. The minimum requirements of the majority of car rental companies are listed below.
- The driver should be in possession of a driving license with a minimum standing of 1 year. The driving licence must be valid and without any severe penalties, which may legally prohibit the conduction of a vehicle. In case that you do not dispose of a Spanish driving licence, you can also present a valid international driving licence from another country, as long as it is recognised by Spanish law.
- The driving licence must comply with the specifications, required for the rental of a car or lorry.
- You will also be asked to identify yourself, presenting an ID or a passport and a valid method of payment.
- Most countries charge an extra tax for drivers, younger than 25 years. If you wish to rent a car in Spain, Península and Balearics, and you are under 25 years, you will have to pay an extra charge within 8 and 25 Euro (VAT included) per rental day and driver, and the amount could to vary depending on the car you rent, 4x4, sport car, van etc. Also the amount could to vary depends of car rental firm. In the Canary Islands could be more expensive.
- For the rental of specific car types the driver must be older than 25 years.
Insurances and Coverage
Usually, the rental fee includes the basic coverages: for damage to third-parties, damage to the insured vehicle or theft of the vehicle. Please get more information, if you wish to upgrade the basic insurance coverage when you rent your car.
If the car is insured through a franchise agreement, this implies that, in case of any damage, the contracting party has to cover the expenses up to the franchise amount, while the company has to pay everything beyond this sum. In case that you wish to avoid this franchise, you will be asked to pay an extra amount for each rental day.